Cold Cucumber Soup
|October 8, 2009||Posted by simply stephen under well being|
Here’s a simple recipe for cold cucumber soup with summer going quickly, I thought I’d share it with you to enjoy the last of the fresh cucumber.
- 4 cups of fresh grated cucumber (it is best to peel the cucumber)
- 3-4 medium white potatoes with water (you can substitute with a can of potato soup)
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups of light cream
- mixing bowl
- blender (not absolute but it helps with the texture)
- stirring spoon
- Dice and boil potatoes
- Combine all ingredients (except cream and chives) in a saucepan and boil gently
- Be careful not to burn the milk. Add the cream in batches, blend and chill
It really is as simple as one, two, three. Sprinkle chives or some fresh cucumber on to serve if desired. A very nice starter. Enjoy.
if you liked this post, take a gander at these ones!
- Simple Garden Fresh Tomato Sauce Recipe
- simple coffee liqueur recipe
- simple irish cream recipe
- Zucchini Bread with Blue Cheese and Walnuts
- Simple Pear Crisp Recipe (and pear juice)