simple coffee liqueur recipe
|December 11, 2009||Posted by simply stephen under well being|
Just in time for Christmas I thought I’d share a quick and simple coffee liqueur recipe made with real coffee not instant. After looking at a ton of recipes with instant cocoa and coffee I decided to create my own & I only needed 5 ingredients. Many of the recipes say they taste better if you let it age for a few weeks – so we’d better get started.
simple siment – save the dregs from your coffee in a jar and add vanilla and you will create a rich coffee base.
- the water from coffee dregs 1 cup
- brown sugar (I used organic dark brown) 1 cup
- vanilla – bean, powder or liquid (add it to the dregs to infuse flavour)
- carob, cocoa or chocolate (I used unsweetened carob chips to get a glycerin type effect in the syrup)
- 1 cup liquor (I used Rye Whiskey, but you can use rum or vodka)
- Jar for steeping the dregs
- sifter or cheese cloth
- wooden spoon
- clean bottle (perhaps a kahlua bottle)
- measuring cup
- save the dregs from your coffee for as long as you want in a large glass container in your fridge. Add the vanilla to infuse the flavour.
- pour the liquid coffee into a saucepan but first filter it with your choice of devices (I actually used my old “metal coffee filter”
- add your chocolate flavour and some extra vanilla and the sugar and bring to a gentle boil until the sugar and carob is melted.
- remove from heat and let cool (to stay green, keep it out of the fridge as you should not add hot items to your fridge – they change the temperature and use energy)
- add your liquor
- store in fridge for 10-20 days
There you go. Simple. And just in time for Christmas. Tastes great added to your coffee, over a little ice or my favourite is with a little ice and milk. Enjoy.
Next week, I’ll give you a quick recipe for Irish Cream that is even more simple than this one…and tastier.
if you liked this post, take a gander at these ones!
- simple irish cream recipe
- Simple Pear Crisp Recipe (and pear juice)
- a few things to make your christmas green
- Simple Pear Sauce Recipe
- keeping your holiday green and simple